A blender is a kitchen appliance that can mix and puree. You can compare the operation of this device with that of a hand blender. A blender consists of several parts. A cup or pouring jug with a handle and a lid, a base in which the motor is located and the buttons for the controls can be found, and a “knife block” to mince the food.
- The cup of a blender is óf plastic óf glass. You can fill it with ingredients of your choice. The handle makes pouring after use very easy. The lid you can put on the cup is very important to prevent otherwise the liquids can fly through your kitchen like a wave.
- The blades are attached to the bottom of the cup and are used to chop the ingredients small. They are mounted on a rotating shaft and are razor sharp. In many blenders the blades can be removed for cleaning. (One of the top ones you can find on the following URL: https://www.alicecooperstown.com/vitamix-7500-vs-750/)
What do you use a blender for?
Many people use the blender exclusively for making smoothies, shakes and soups, but you can do much more with a blender. Just think of the following possibilities:
- Cocktails (the newer blenders even have an ice-crush function!);
- Delicious milkshakes;
- Buttercup for example, pancakes or waffles;
- Iceasures for ice cream;
- Proteïne shakes;
- Tapenades for your baguette;
- Baby food;
How do I use a blender?
The use of a blender is actually very simple. You put the (fresh) ingredients in the cup. Then you put the lid on. Do not forget this because otherwise you can not only clean the blender, but also the whole kitchen! In addition, you put the cup on the base and turn it in the right direction. Finally, you turn on the blender. The choice is yours whether you choose the slow or the heavy setting for this. After a few minutes your smoothie, shake, soup or ééone of the options above is ready. Enjoy your meal!